Friday, December 14, 2012

the uniform of december

One of my favorite things about December is how much time Ben and I spend simultaneously in our sweat pants...our home uniform if you will. This season of our lives (okay, our entire lives thus far) has presented us Decembers full of exams and the real need to spend entire days in our sweatpants. This tradition seems so much sweeter to me now, with a husband and good dog at my side, although we still have to occassionally test our sanity by joining in the real world (sometimes this means me going to my surgery rotation, and sometimes it means us breathing outside air one time a day to go throw the football in the street). Ahhhh, December.

Ben has two more finals, Monday and Wednesday next week, and I have my surgery exam next Friday. Needless to say, we are in lockdown mode over here....which unfortunately also means we are wasting plenty of time perusing facebook, espn, and just about any other site on the world wide web that begs to distract us. In the search for some perfect gifts I plan to give in a week or so (the sweat of each December), I found these gems, that you must just please indulge me in sharing: 

acres of land on Mars for you to own...and settle?

personalized stuffed dolls...just scary really

a gallon jug of Tobasco, because
that wouldn't hurt at all


BEAR COAT FROM WORKAHOLICS...
OKAY WAIT, I WOULD ACTUALLY BUY THIS

1700 too many eye shadows colors

no comment. this is just weird and gross
and raises too many questions about
how we have all been using our towels all along
Ben and I opted to do "stockings" this year as our gift to each other. We set a price limit that mandated some creativity. Hopefully not as much creativity as evidenced above, but I am excited to see how this goes! 

And finally I must admit: I do appreciate Christmas for the family, the food, and most importantly the remembrance of Jesus' birth. But more of this sincere gratitude later, as this night of studying gift searching has worn me out...

No comments:

Post a Comment