Tuesday, June 25, 2013

or maybe i will be a wizard...


Yesterday morning, for the first time, I visualized myself potentially having to move for residency. You see, I have this master plan of one day becoming a surgeon, a really caring and meticulous one, and I know that ultimately I will follow that ideal wherever it takes me. I started to search for programs online, typing in “so you want to be a surgeon,” and as if fate felt the need to tease me, Google auto filled my request with:


Really? Why is surgery third on this list…and is wizard still a legitimate option?

The difficulty here in part arises from the fact that husBen also has a blossoming career on the near horizon (after he passes the bar) and although I know that good love is wrought with sacrifice, I am weary to demand the first big one be made for me. Surely we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we signed up for this….

So is it merely the fear of the unknown that holds me down with a giant thumb, pinning me to the limited plan I myself have written? With a little reorientation of perspective, I know that husBen and I will land on our feet (wherever this whirlwind of effort takes us) as long we trust in the larger plan for our life that we thankfully do not govern. This will be fun…right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment