Wednesday, May 2, 2012

...but time is so valuable


I tried to be on time to growth group (our bible study) last night. We are often late and since the first part of this weekly gathering is usually spent socializing, it is never a problem; in fact, several people show up late. This time however, we were starting early, which necessitated my promptness. I am not a prompt person…and for good reason. Proof: last night I WAS prompt and nearly got hit by a car. I have therefore justified my tardiness and will henceforth be late, on purpose.

The event hardly fazed me at all as I was so intent on arriving on time. I just slapped the hood of the woman’s car and she slammed on her brakes, looking rather embarrassed that she had nearly just plowed me over. Then I pointed to the stop sign as I speedily walked past it, still in a hurry to make it to growth group on time. Evidentially, people who are on time may be more type A than I even want to be. I think they probably will not live as long (or they will have wasted years cumulatively by that point by being early to places and having to wait on those who are late because they are trying to squeeze more life in). Looks like its back to my casual arrivals!

Salmon-so-easy


Marinate two pieces of salmon in 3 tbs teriyaki and 1 tbs soy sauce for 2 hours (refrigerated). Create a pouch for each with foil: put a little light tasting olive oil or sesame oil on the center of the foil piece, lay marinated salmon on top, and seal the edges of the foil together. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes, depending on how rare/well done you prefer your salmon.  Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment