Sunday, November 27, 2011

chilly


It’s starting to get chilly enough around here that I am actually contemplating turning off the air-conditioning. Heck maybe I’ll even crank up the knob on the gas fireplace (Quimby really loves that) until it either heats up our whole apartment (which would take all of 4 minutes) or until one of us starts to get a headache (which would make me think carbon monoxide poisoning and confirm my fears that I don’t know exactly how to work this retro fireplace). Tis’ the season I suppose.

I recall winters in Waco being pretty rough. We must have been trying to save all our money (at the sacrifice of our comfort) because I remember the psychological warfare come December when we would wait to see who would turn on the heater first (and therefore label themselves as weakest and most self-indulgent). Maybe I imagined all that…but I still kept my distance from the thermostat. I thought if I wore sweatpants and two pairs of socks to bed then I could spend the money I saved on a nice meal at Diamondbacks Steakhouse. First world problems, I know, I know.

Here’s a tasty and cheap way to warm up, a true favorite from frigid winters at Baylor!

Ginger Honey Lemon Tea
Literally, just that. Cut up a few chunks of fresh ginger root and toss into a coffee cup with the juice of half a lemon (I like to leave a wedge of lemon in the tea for more flavor) and an overflowing teaspoon of honey. Fill with water and microwave until boiling hot. Stir it up and sip slowly…
bottom of the cup...

good study sipper

No comments:

Post a Comment