Friday, March 30, 2012

ladies night


Ladies night! And just the kind of ladies night I prefer. Ladies in the kitchen, sipping homemade cocktails. Ladies rolling up their sleeves to knead and flatten out dough for pizzas. Ladies sitting around a big dining room table until nearly midnight, buzzing in conversation about the men in our lives. Ladies, ladies, ladies...how entertaining.

Ben and I spent some time with our growth group (bible study) men and women separately last night and aside from missing Ben, I fully enjoyed it. I am really starting to love these people (amazing what a little investment in relationships can afford!) and I could not have been happier in my spot at the table last night, sipping and snacking with these great souls!

In anticipation of our separate dates, Ben and I had a sushi date the night before and I made him a special dessert for a little extra indulgence (my love language is food). These fancy puddings are so easy and you probably have everything your pantry already, so get crackin!

Bourbon chocolate puddings with sea salt and pistachios



150 grams dark chocolate (El Rey)
1.5 oz hot coffee
1 tbsp Bourbon
4.25 ml heavy cream (or milk)
scant 1/2 tsp sea salt + a touch more for garnish
chopped pistachios

chop the chocolate and add to small bowl with coffee and bourbon and stir together until smooth. Bring cream/milk to boil (or just heat it up in your microwave until bubbling) and pour straight into chocolate mixture. Add in the sea salt and stir until smooth. Pour ingredients into 2 small coffee cups (I used 2 demitasse cups so had quite a bit of the chocolate mixture leftover…so I spooned it all into my mouth). Refrigerate the puddings for a few hours til they are set. When ready to serve, top with chopped pistachios and just a few flakes of sea salt for garnish. Share with someone you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment