Wednesday, March 14, 2012

pizza, of course


HusBen left me for South by Southwest in Austin (okay, just for one night), so I decided to do what most wives do in their husbands' absence…eat whatever I wanted.
well lookey there, i just happened to have all the ingredients
for a pizza in my fridge: dough recipe from the latest Bon Apetit,
baby bella mushrooms, spinach from mom's garden in
lamar, homemade pesto, sauteed garlic, and feta

 In case you have not yet noticed my affinity for pizza, I will proudly attest to you that it is most certainly my favorite food. This love only developed since I got married and has since escalated. In college, the only pizza I would dream of eating was from Mellow Mushroom and that was only on the special occasion that Ben and I drove to Austin for a play day. The Magical Mystery Tour there (pesto based crust, button and portabella mushrooms, mozzarella, spinach, and feta) still stands as my most favorite pizza (although the mushroom, melted leeks, taleggio, and oregano pizza from Coppa here in Houston is currently vying for the top spot).  I sure hope that Ben does not show back up here tomorrow empty handed (who wouldn’t want such a souvenir as the perfect pizza?). No, no I do not care that I had pizza for dinner tonight…I would gladly have it every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment